8.25.2011

The 23rd was as great as expected! 

I began it working, but got off early to color my hair for the very first time. I was nervous up 
until the day before but waiting to get out of work couldn't have felt any longer, i was so anxious at that point. I really needed a change, and though it's still hard to get used to i am diggin the new do. 
I'm stoked for fall with jeans and jackets. In my mind, It's already fall. Haha


- Before -

- After -



After all that exciting stuff, i headed to Springfield to kick it with my best friend on a pretty special day. I stopped and made a quick trip into wal-mart, started to back up and heard a few thud's thinking i was running over a cup or something. Well, i started to drive away and realized i had a flat. I stayed pretty calm, but was disappointed that i was going to be late surprising Andrew at his car with my new hair, after his big first day of college (both very big things for us) so i pulled into a spot and called mom of course. She calls dad, calls me back and he's literally just passing where I'm at.
As i was telling Andrew after, when i was sitting there even before i called my mom i felt a sense of peace. Before this year, i would feel like saying "Just my luck". But sitting there i felt God was saying "Go ahead take a shot at ruining her day. I still have perfect timing."
I love that God gives a chance to choose to worship him. Even through flat tires in walmart parking lot.

My dad came to the rescue and had the tire changed with in ten minutes. I was so thankful. I ended up meeting Andrew for dinner, and not even too much later then planned! We dug up our treasure from a year ago, and grabbed some orange leaf. Needless to say, we had a blast as always :)


I am always blown away by the joy Christ alone can give. I am feeling such a different happiness and I'm thrilled that it's not from the feeling of a secure relationship, job or even the friendships i was longing to make in the beginning of this year. In simply choosing him only, and desiring whatever he has for me, he has still blessed me in some of those area's which again, amazes me. 
We serve such a marvelous creator!
 I challenge you, whoever you may be, to go and dig into who he is and the love he has for you. 
I promise, you won't be dissappointed. 


Have a wonderful breezy summer night!





- Lea




No comments:

Post a Comment