9.05.2011

The Change Of Seasons.

This has been the best weekend for me in so long. Partly because the cool weather! Oh, how i can't even describe to you how much I've been longing for this season. A season change in weather and spiritually.
One thing I've learned going into this new season of my life, is that i can be real with God. Actually, he's the one i feel i can be most real with! I've come to learn (even when others have disagreed) that when tough situations and events roll around, even when happiness isn't applied to every moment of every day, the Joy that Christ gives can be. I believe in these past situations, the joy i sought and found has restored me. I've learned that God knows how human i am. So even when i do fail, I don't feel i have to hide it from him or try to cover it up with impressing him some other way like I've often seen people do in my life. In this season of my life, I am real with God. I always have an itch to get to know him more. To be like him, to the best of my human ability. This chilly weather has brought so many great things with it, and i couldn't be more excited! 


As for my weekend. It was a blast! 
Friday consisted of art walk with a good friend. It was so nice just to be around her, and feel relaxed for the first time in a while. Even though art walk is not the same or as good as two years ago, it was time very well spent, with a very cool person. Plus i got Mud House which is always a plus. 
Saturday morning, i took pictures of my big sister for her boyfriend who is stationed in Afghanistan. He's going crazy for some pictures of her, so we took a little time out of our morning to do so. Here's one from that!


That evening, we had our posse over and played kickball (and i realized how I've gotten and out of shape i am)
and played games and as always, had crazy fun. 
Sunday consisted of me being an air head thinking church started at 11:30 (why, i have NO idea
So as I'm just getting on the highway at 11 which is when it starts, and I'm 35 minutes away, i quickly had to think of something to do to kill time til my best friend got out of church. Target seemed like a decent choice. Haha.

After all that, i finally got over to Andrews for a super lovely birthday bash, and shrimp and crab boil. It's always a new experience over at the Edwards home. I love It! That night i got my first real watch of 5 episodes of Modern Family which was too funny, and a long walk in the great chilly weather with Andrew. That made for a perfect day. 
And last but not least. Today! Today my whole family was off so we packed up the car, snatched Andrew and chilled at the lake. It was seriously the most comfy chill day. Jeans and a jacket were perfect for today, and we had such a good time relaxing.
We snapped a few photos from our day out as well!

I crawled into a tree! Great fun, everyone should try it. Haha



With all that said. God is so good! This weekend was perfect and was right when i needed it, and it's been so great. I'm excited for what the rest of this year holds, and I'll be sure to share whatever may come along!  Now, it's bedtime. 

Hope you're weekend was great, and that tomorrow is even better. 
Good night!



-Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment